A Matter of Meatloaf

I recently had some great success with meatloaf, so I was looking forward to trying this Loaded Potato Meatloaf Casserole.

Meatloaf practically begs for mashed potatoes anyway, so why not make them together? It's a great combo and makes a delicious one dish meal. The mashed potatoes (I used four cheese instead of garlic) topped in cheddar in bacon were fantastic. I had a few suggestions for the meatloaf section to make it even better. First, leave out the brown sugar or drastically cut it back. I never usually put sugar in meatloaf, and I don't think it was an improvement here. Secondly, add salt. Always, add salt if the recipe doesn't call for it to bring out the flavor of the meat.

I will absolutely make this again when we are in the mood for meatloaf. The combo was perfect comfort food.

Comments

danielle said…
This looks really good! My mom makes meatloaf with green peppers, and it's the ultimate comfort food in my opinion. - Danielle