Looking for an easy-peasy brunch casserole?

Breakfast and brunch recipes are some of my favorites, but starting the day with a complicated recipe isn't my style. Too many details to complicate my simple brain when it rolls out of bed.

This Biscuit Egg Casserole is so easy to put together, especially if you brown your sausage ahead of time or purchase the precooked crumbles. I decided to cook my own a few days in advance and used about 2/3 of a pound. The rest was easy to put together the morning of, and baked up pretty quickly. For my cheese, I used a Colby-Jack blend. I think the mozzarella might have been slightly more melty, but I wanted the flavor of the Colby-Jack.

The finished dish is fun because you've got everything in one place and all put together with all the best flavors of a breakfast sandwich. As ease of preparation goes, it doesn't get much better, and I know this will be coming out again for our next overnight guests.


Comments