All Salsa Verde, All the Time

Every time a recipe with the words salsa verde in the title, I take a second glance and it almost always lands on the menu in short order. In most cases the recipe is a hit and is added to our long list of favorites. 

Today's Slow Cooker Green Salsa Chicken absolutely checks a few boxes. Life is way hectic right now, so an easy slow cooker recipe plus salsa verde was exactly what I needed. I chose to leave the pinto beans out--I couldn't find them at the store, and I knew my family didn't want to eat them anyway.😂 I served our chicken with white rice, and topped everything with cheese and sour cream. 

This recipe hit many of the same notes as other recipes I've tried with as similar flavor profile. It was lovely and new while simultaneously being familiar and predictable. The perfect combination.

Comments