Pineapple Pizza and Circus Animals


I can tell things are getting back to a normal routine when I fire up the ovens twice in one day. First I had to make sure we had 'zert in the form of Kitchen Sink Circus Animal Oreo Blondies with Sprinkles.

I love frosted animal cookies. They are all that is best of childhood, and we need more of them in life. Golden Oreos I don't eat a lot, but they are always enjoyable. Add butter and sprinkles and you have yourself a big winner. I don't know that I think they qualify as blondies because there is no brown sugar. I feel like blondies require butter, brown sugar, and little else.😁 Nevertheless, they are delicious and worthwhile to make.

Then we have Bacon and Carmelized Pineapple Pizza. I am not one to enter the pineapple on pizza debate. I feel like pizza really is a food where anything goes, it's up to us to find our favorite combos. Up until this point, pineapple on pizza had underwhelmed me, and therefore, I didn't often choose it. However, carmelized pineapple is a whole new ball game. 


I decided to use my Kirkland bacon bits to save a little bit of work. As a result, I added a little butter into the skillet with the brown sugar to when I carmelized the pineapple. It was all I could do not to just eat the pineapple straight out of the skillet. Not even kidding. Then, I started building the pizza. I added the Monterey Jack, bacon, and pineapple, and then finished with a final layer of Monterey Jack. I don't know who thought it was a good idea to make a pizza with four ounces of cheese, but they're crazy. Plan to double the cheese. (I think that's a good life rule anyway.)

This made for a terrific supper. We all loved the pizza (even if I did forget the green onions) and the bars. 

Comments

Cassie Navarro said…
I am not one for pineapple on pizza, but it looks so good I might have to try. The blondies look amazing, definitely on the bucket list to try.