South of the Border Pizza


I don't think I've ever had the Mexican pizza from Taco Bell, but enough of my friends are fans, that I wanted to try the at home recipe version.

This recipe is NOT without a few steps as well as multiple pans and operations. The work is worth it. These things are sooooooooooooo good. Our version included green enchilada sauce and fresh tomatoes from my sister's garden. For cheese, I used cheddar plus a little Monterey Jack. Even my normally refried bean-averse family really enjoyed them in these pizzas. 

I will say that I had a little difficulty getting the tortillas to crisp, so I'd recommend cranking up the heat on your griddle or pan.

There's a part of me that can't wait to make these again. I'll just have to find a way to streamline the process if I can.

Comments