Lazy Re-Entry

Our big move is finally over. Whew, it was a doozy.

Now that the kitchen is finally unpacked(ish), I'm finally getting back into the swing of making real meals, not just assembling sustenance. Of course, now I have a new oven and cooktop to learn but that's the fun part of the challenge.

Today's recipe for Lazy Enchiladas is super easy but so tasty. I modified it to fit our tastes, as well as for what I had already in the refrigerator. My adjustments for the recipe were:

  1. Using green enchilada sauce. Our love of the salsa verde is no secret, so it only makes sense to use that when it's an option.
  2. I used premade taco meat instead of browning ground beef and onion. I had some leftover from a mac & cheese buffet, so it made sense to use it up in this recipe.
  3. I cut back on the cheese by at least 2-3 cups, and used a mix of colby-jack and sharp cheddar.
We all really enjoyed this simple meal, and I loved the fact that it was a "stir it together and go" kind of situation, perfect for the crazy kind of life that's still happening here. I highly recommend this as an easy option for Taco Tuesday that customizes however is best for you!

Comments