Cookies & Cream Meet Tres Leches

Turns out that selling one house, building another, and having a kiddo graduate from elementary school, make for a rather busy month. We've been eating, albeit clean out the pantry/freezer weirdly, but I haven't been posting.

Here I am with a terrific summer dessert that we made to celebrate the end of 8th grade. It's super easy and delicious, and perfect for summer barbecues and celebrations; try Cookies and Cream Tres Leches Cake soon!

To start, make your cake and stir in the crushed Oreos. I added half the cinnamon called for, but you could leave it out if you don't always enjoy the chocolate/cinnamon combo. After the cake is baked, poke your holes and pour the milk mixture over the top. The next day I made the whipped cream (about 6 hours ahead of time), and topped the cake. I was worried about the stability of the whipped cream, but it survived just fine.

This was such a fun way to enjoy the regular cookies and cream flavors. It makes me want to try all kinds of different tres leches variations.

Comments