New Flavors For the Win


I'll be honest that food has not been foremost on my mind of late. Wrapping up the semester and prepping to list our home is taking every single brain cell I do have, and a few I don't. Which is what made discovering this super easy recipe for Slow Cooker South African BBQ Chicken such a delight. 

There is nothing terribly exotic when it comes to ingredients, but it's so easy and flavorful you'll feel like you are eating your way around the world. I used bone-in, skin on, chicken thighs and put them on the bottom of my crock. Then the onions on top. Finally, the fruits and sauces mixture (I did use the actual barbecue sauce the recipe called for since I had to buy some anyway) was poured down over the top. Then just let it cook low and slow and be prepared for the wonderful smells to waft throughout the house.

This chicken was super tender and got a thumbs up from all of us. We loved the subtle curry flavor, plus the sweetness of the fruits. My kiddo can't wait for the leftovers at lunch, and I'll admit I'm looking forward to it too.

Comments

Charles Quincy said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Charles Quincy said…
That looks delicious! You'll have to invite MTG 391 to the new house when it's finished for dinner LOL.
HRottier said…
@charles - I would totally do that. My rule is if you are a friend on Facebook then it's someone I would invite for dinner. :)
Emma Knaup said…
This literally sounds amazing! Will have to try this slow cook in my instant pot! - Emma Knaup
Chloe Predmore said…
This looks so so good! All your posts make me super hungry no matter what time of day it is and I think that means that they are successful!