Always Room for Another Cookie Recipe

Something about St. Patrick's Day makes me want to make cut out cookies. That's saying something because I loathe all the steps of cut out cookies, and am reluctant to make them, even for Christmas. That shamrock shape, though, I'm a sucker for it.

Now, I have a go-to cut out cookie recipe. It's delicious and it always gets rave reviews. What do I do? Go in search of another one, because of course, the recipes are there; they must be tried. So I tried the Softest Sugar Cookies of Your Life, since it was there for the trying. The texture of this dough and baked cookie is outstanding. There a little bit of crispiness at the edges, but still a soft interior. The only change I made was in flavoring. Sugar cookie people seemed obsessed with almond flavoring. I'm not fan, because I feel like once almond flavoring is there you don't taste anything else. I used a heavy pour of vanilla and a little bit of butter flavoring instead. I wouldn't change that in the least.

I chose not to make my own buttercream. That was one too many steps for a weekday. Instead, I used a can of vanilla frosting, melted it in the microwave and dipped my cookies. Toss on some sprinkles are they look cute and taste delicious in half the time.

I would definitely make this cookie recipe again. The dough was easy to work with (I divided it into two sections and put it in the freezer for about 20-25 minutes), and the taste was outstanding.

Comments

Unknown said…
I love sugar cookies especially when they have cute shapes! I'm the type of person that if something looks cute like sprinkled donuts, I eat them and prefer them over the others even if they might not taste the best. Definitely need to try making these sugar cookies if they're Heidi approved haha

- Emma Gamero
Emma Knaup said…
Okay these cookies are ICONIC! I personally love to bake and have a huge passion for it so I am always trying to find new recipes. I will definitely have to try this one out - and I love the shamrock shape!

Emma Knaup