The Return of the Toasty Buns

 

Friends! I found a new slider you absolutely have to try. Now, for many people, the idea of Maid Rite is an unfamiliar concept. It's definitely a Midwest rural phenomena, but if you know, you know.

Today's edition is Maid Rite Sliders--it takes your basic Maid Rite and adds toasty buns. What could be better? Make the Made Rite, pile on to Hawaiian rolls, add delicious toppings, and bake. To the as called for recipe ingredients, I decided to add some dried onion. I remember most Maid Rites having onions, so felt like this was an addition that couldn't go wrong. Then I topped ours with a few dill pickle slices and Colby and Cheddar cheese--I don't usually have American on hand. I have standards and American slices are reserved for greasy burgers from a diner.

These were outstanding. Of course there was the usual big flavor, crispy crust on the rolls, plus great flavor in the filling. We all enjoyed and then tried not to overindulge. Two thumbs up here!

Comments

Adam Meyer said…
That sounds amazing Heidi! I personally haven't heard of Made-Rite but I'll have to give it a try. As a major pickle and Hawaiian roll fan, though, this sounds like it's a definite success that I'll have to try sometime. Thank you for sharing this!