Sloppy Joe Becomes a World Traveler

There's no denying that sloppy joes are a great family favorite with endless possibilities. I'm on a secret quest to try every variety I can. Or at least every option Pinterest serves up in my newsfeed.

Today's edition includes Beef Stroganoff Sloppy Joes. They have all the depth of flavor you'd expect in traditional beef stroganoff, but in sloppy joe format. I used baby portabella mushrooms to compliment the beef and make the richness of the mixture a little more satisfying. They smell so amazing while they are cooking. I topped ours with just a little sour cream (doubtful it's necessary), and a sprinkle of both cheddar and mozzarella cheeses.

This was absolutely a fun way to try stroganoff, and felt more "fancy" than a traditional sloppy joe. Everyone at our table enjoyed their sandwich, and is looking forward to some leftovers. I'd recommend this as a great option for a casual but elevated option if you are having family or close friends over for a meal. I've no doubt you'll enjoy it too.

Comments

Brock Stotler said…
Sloppy Joes have always been one of my favorite meals to make and am always willing to try new ways to change them up.
Emma Knaup said…
I have never been a big sloppy joe fan but your spin on the dish makes me want to try it!!! Looks delicious!
Annie Bettag said…
Wow my mouth is watering. This brings me back to my childhood when my parents had to make me sloppy joes when they had taco night because I was stubborn when it came to the food I ate. That Annie would have never tried this version but Annie today is itching to try it! It looks fantastic!