Tater Tots Eggs Benny

One of my favorite things about vacation is a steady supply of Eggs Benedict. From cruise ships to all-inclusive resorts, they seem to know and plan for my love of the egg benedict. So, when I happened onto a recipe for Tater Tots Eggs Benny on Pinterest, I had to give it try, despite the fact it was my first time to poach an egg.

Now, this recipe is a little more complicated because it outlines making the Hollandaise Sauce. You can go through all that if you like, but I decided poaching eggs was going far enough, so I bought the envelope of Hollandaise mix to save a little work. With that time saver, my trusty Kirkland precooked bacon bits, and frozen tater tots, I was ready to get to work. All in all this is not hard to get together. The timing of everything was a little bit of a challenge, but that was it. 

This recipe was belly-rubbing delicious. The seasoning on the tater tots made for a more interesting bite than the English muffin usually does. Plus, bacon also has a little more flavor than the usual Canadian Bacon/Ham, so that was an interesting switch. All in all, the kiddo and I were especially happy, poached egg and all.

If you are looking for a special holiday breakfast, this could be just the ticket. It's special and delicious without being crazy difficult or strange. I highly encourage you to give it a shot. Enjoy!

Comments