Tortellini for Veggies


Sometimes when I make my menu plan, I just throw something on there that I know we like, but for which I don't have a specific plan. Think "pizza" or "breakfast sandwiches" or in this instance "tortellini". We like regular tortellini with marinara sauce at this house, but given my propensity for trying new recipes it is painfully difficult for me to choose an old stand by.

Enter Pesto & Roasted Veggie Tortellini.

I love pesto for the change of pace from tomato sauces, and we've really grown to enjoy roasted veggies. This easy five ingredient recipe seemed like the perfect solution. It's really a snap to put together. Chop the veggies and get them roasting. Make the tortellini according to the package directions, and then once the veggies are done, toss everything together. If you really like veggies, you could double up, especially the zucchini and/or onion. Don't be afraid to crank the heat, either, and let them get nice and toasty.

I'm actually looking forward to trying some of the other recipes in this same link. They look good, and perfect for those days where I can't be bothered to be more specific.

Comments

Taylor Jockisch said…
This looks really good! One of my favorite meals that my mom makes is pasta salad where she puts tortellini, yellow peppers, tomatoes, and snap peas in it with some pepperoni and mozzarella and then she drizzles some raspberry vinaigrette!
Tanner Ryan said…
My mouth is watering! This looks amazing. I am obsessed with all things tortellini!
HRottier said…
The leftovers were good too. That's always a nice bonus.