A Little Taste of Hawaii + That Recipe I've Wanted to Make Forever

Mondays are packed. Sometimes I feel like we are working an extra day worth of tasks into it. Consequently, I often try to make dinner a little easier, and piano lessons have brought about a hard-to-break crockpot habit.

I won't say that these Slow Cooker Hawaiian Chicken Tacos are the simplest of recipes (there are a lot of ingredients and some extra chopping to make the salsa), but it has a lovely bright and fresh taste that make it all worth it. The chicken by itself is excellent; I loved the orange flavor that made the sauce extra special from a regular teriyaki variety. When you add the salsa, it was over the top great, even if I did leave out the jalapeño and orange zest (oops). The salsa is also fantastic on tortilla chips, so make sure you some alongside. I also sprinkled on a quesadilla cheese mixture, but I couldn't even really taste it. You could probably leave it out if you want.

And then there are these Sugar Cookie Cheesecake Bars. I have wanted to make this recipe forever, but I never have a roll of sugar cookie dough. If I want sugar cookies, I make them.🤷‍♀️ Today, though, I did have a package of Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie mix in the pantry, so I mixed that up instead. I had the 21 ounce package, and there was more than enough dough, and I'm guessing the regular size package would work too. I added a little powdered sugar (a quarter to a third of a cup) to the cheesecake mixture because it seemed like that would make it more cheesecake like and several previous Pinners suggested the same thing.

These bars are yum. I wish it hadn't me taken this long to make them, but now that I know how good they are they'll be made more often. I did bake them for  about 45 minutes. I tried to bake them long enough that the middle no longer jiggled.

This was a winner winner chicken dinner. Literally. Both recipes were so good and they make the cut to show up on the menu again.

Comments

Taylor Jockisch said…
I made Hawaiian Chicken Wings this weekend!!! We also paired it with Pineapple Salsa! It was delicious, and paired good with the beautiful weather we have been having.