When You Try to Cram All the Best Eating into One Weekend...


 This is always a busy weekend in October. First, we celebrate the kiddo's birthday. Sometimes that means multiple gatherings with friends, family, etc. Plus, we always have extra outings to enjoy the best of the fall season. So here's a laundry list of all the things we've been eating. All of it pretty tasty, and enough to put me on straight salads for the next week.😄

First, and most important, the birthday cake--vanilla cake with raspberry filling. (I used a Duncan Hines white cake mix made with the "bakery" extras, my regular buttercream, plus the raspberry filling from this recipe, which did NOT thicken like it should have.)


Then, the Birthday Cake Scones. I stay away from scones because I like to avoid the cutting of butter into flour, but every time I make them it's worth it, so maybe I'll change my tune.



For an outing with friends I made Maple Bacon Crack, Homemade Dipping Caramel, and Brownie S'mores Cupcakes--all absolutely worth making again and again.

Comments

Alexe Anderson said…
I love vanilla cake with raspberry (or strawberry) filling! Looks delicious.
Alice Lawson said…
The cake looks so delicious!!! I worked at a restaurant in high school that had the most amazing vanilla & raspberry cake- they put almonds on top and it always reminded me of wedding cake. That restaurant closed but this looks like it might be just as good!
Kylie Connell said…
All of this looks so good!! That maple bacon crack though...😍
Kevin Perkins said…
First, happy belated birthday!! Everything looks delectable 🤤 . Lol I have a sweet tooth so seeing this is giving me a sugar rush!