Just Go With It - Another Episode of Making It Up As I Go Along


So, Fritos has been hitting me up with ads in my Pinterest feed for at least 6-8 weeks. I'm obviously okay with that, since I pinned one of the recipes (Frito Pie Burritos) and put it on the menu for October. And then I went to the store on my weekly trip and forgot to buy big tortillas.🙄

I was absolutely too lazy to hie myself to the store for one lousy package of tortillas, so I began brainstorming what I could make instead. Luckily, that storm yielded a masterpiece that everyone at the table loved--Frito Pie Pizza. I mean, really, how could you go wrong?

Here's what I did: I made my quick and easy pizza crust that is my go to. Could I find another one we like better? Maybe, but this one always works so why try? Then, I added a thin layer of refried beans, sour cream, taco meat, Mozzarella cheese, cheddar-jack cheese, and finally Fritos. You could totally add salsa or tomatoes if that's your jam. Toss it on to your pizza stone (preheated to 500 degrees), reduce your temp to 425, and bake for about 15 minutes.

This was amazing! I loved the creaminess of the beans and sour cream against the taco meat, and the Fritos were the perfect crunch at the finish. Now, honestly, this wasn't that big of a risk, because we all know Frito pie is an instant winner. Still, I wasn't sure how we'd like the change up.

Good news! I can highly recommend this as an addition to your menu. You've probably already got a lot of the stuff on hand, and this would totally work on a purchased pizza crust--refrigerated, prepackaged, or frozen. Give it a try--pretty sure it will be an instant winner for you too.

Comments

Taylor Jockisch said…
This looks amazing. Fritos is something that we always have as a sample in our house.
HRottier said…
They've been hitting me up with lots of sponsored Pinterest posts, and I'm caving.