Nothing Bundt Spaghetti and Cheese

 

I love an unconventional recipe where ordinary foods become extraordinary because of a change of format. So, a spaghetti bundt cake was absolutely calling me name as I scrolled past on Pinterest.

This "cake" is basically spaghetti and cheese, but you know I'm not complaining about that. In fact, I can think of few things that call me name more loudly. It is pretty easy to put everything together--cook the spaghetti and mix in all the other ingredients. I can't stress enough how important it is to spray or butter your pan super well. I chose spray because I feel it gets in the crevices of the bundt pan better. Even so, the egg/cheese mix makes this inclined to stick. I used a mix of sharp cheddar, Italian cheese mix, regular mozzarella, and, of course, Parmesan. 

We are not big sauce people, so I just used a light pour of warmed sauce. It looked nice and covered up the sort of weird "molded noodle" swirls of the cake. The little bit of sauce was also a nice counter to the rich cheesiness of the cake.

I would definitely make this again. And now that I've made one savory bundt recipe, Pinterest keeps showing me more and they look awesome!

Comments

Kylie Connell said…
Spaghetti & Cheese = two of the best things in the world. I bet this was so good!
Kevin Perkins said…
I had my first Nothing Bundt Cake on my birthday and I would've never envisioned you can turn that delicious cake into a spaghetti and cheese version haha. I have a question though, do you eat the cake as a whole, or do you cut slices and find other foods to eat with it? I think it'll be funny seeing a slice of spaghetti and cheese on your dinner plate.
Heidi said…
The noodles all stuck together with egg and cheese are kind of funny looking for sure. And to serve it, I just sliced it up like a cake and put it on the plate. Weird huh?