Bread Pudding for One x3

 

Some nights eight o'clock rolls around, and our house goes in search of a snack. Sometimes we go savory, sometimes we go sweet, but we are usually in the mood for something specific. A few nights ago, we were looking for bread pudding, but didn't really want to wait forever for it to bake. I headed over to see my best friend, Pinterest, and, of course, she delivered the perfect Five Minute Bread Pudding for One.

The best thing about that five minute count? It includes prep. You will be digging into tasty bread pudding inside of five minutes. The beauty of this recipe is that it is infinitely customizable. We just each selected our own mix-ins and added them before we cooked (except for the salted caramel sauce, I added that later). My daughter chose Craisins because I had no raisins, and the husband choose dark chocolate chunks. It's pretty simple really--tear up the bread, add your mix-in choices, and then add the beaten custard ingredients. Microwave for a couple of minutes and voila! I did add vanilla to the mixture, because you can never have enough vanilla.

These were really good, and without that weird packaged taste in store bought mug cakes. Sure, it's a tiny bit more work, but totally worth it in my book.

Comments