Bananas Foster Dutch Baby


 I do love bananas foster. It is all carmelly sweetness that speaks to me.

The other evening, the kiddo and I were on our own for dinner, and Dutch Baby/German Pancake was on the menu. There was one lonely banana on the counter, and I was struck with the inspiration for bananas foster on our pancake. To Pinterest I went in search of the perfect recipe. Most recipes required more than a single banana, and a lot of them had a few other ingredients that I was missing. Eventually, I settled on this version from Better Homes and Garden and made do with my single banana. I also tweaked the recipe by using apple juice plus a little rum extract in place of the rum. Otherwise, I stuck with the instructions as given.

This was heaven. Would it have been even better with a second and third banana? Probably, but don't let that stop you. Run, don't walk to the kitchen and add this to your menu.

Comments