This is No Time to Waffle

 In the last few months, I pulled my waffle iron out of hiding, and put it to use once again. It's not that I'm anti-waffle, but it's a lot more work than pancakes, for virtually the same food. I do find it worthwhile to try to waffle other foods, though, and that's where today's recipe comes into play.

These Ham, Egg, and Cheese Biscuit Wafflewiches are still breakfast, but probably not your butter and syrup type. I used all the ingredients as listed, and these were a big hit with the fam, both the night of and for leftovers later. I thought it was a little challenging to try and keep all the ingredients inside the biscuit layers, but ultimately the crispy cheese around the edges was the most tasty part of the whole business.

If you have a waffle iron that makes more than one wafflewich at a time, I highly recommend this recipe. If you're doing one at a time like I was, I still recommend it, but it gets a little old, and would be especially challenging if you had a bigger family and needed to double the recipe. The flavors are great and this is a terrifically fun food that allows you to customize it to your favorite breakfast flavors. Totally worth bringing the waffle iron out of exile.

Comments