Life's Peachy

 


I love all the peach things--peach iced tea, peach ice cream, peach pie, you name it, I love it. I decided I needed to make one peach dessert but summer was gone and did a quick Pinterest search. Turns out my love of peaches is quite evident there; many recipes from which to choose. 

One in particular that caught my eye was this Triple Vanilla Dulce de Leche Peach Pie. I've had a jar of dulce de leche hiding out in my refrigerator taking up space for a bit, so I followed the link, hoping against hope this was going to be as good as I thought.

It was. The funny thing about this pie is that there's no sugar, anywhere. The only sweetness comes from the dulce de leche so it's not too sweet, and strangely enough doesn't have a strong caramelly flavor. You won't notice that, however, because it's a pretty yummy pie without extra sweetness. I never did find the triple vanilla instance, and I used vanilla extract in place of vanilla beans, but it was so good. Perfect summer flavors that were a joy to eat. I did try my hand at the lattice work and it was fine. The crust braiding? Not so much. Probably won't try that again, or if I do, the crust will be firmer and easier to manipulate.

If you've a hankering for all the peachy things, and especially if you've got a jar of dulce de leche you aren't sure what to do with, I'd recommend giving this a try. If you don't, I'd still recommend a trip to the store to get what you need.

Comments