Fun with Won Ton Wrappers

I don't love recipes that use a bunch of specialty products. Some people might not put won ton wrappers in the specialty product category, but when you make the wide variety of recipes I do, you don't come back to them very often. Enter these two recipes, made a few days apart. One the original reason to purchase said won ton wrappers, and the other to use them up.

First, these White Vegetable Lasagna Cupcakes seemed like a fun way to get the veggie lasagna flavor, but a little on the lighter side. If you are looking for a vegetarian option that's full of flavor and uses a tiny little bit of the zucchini from your overflowing garden. I ended up making a recipe and a half to use up a bit more of my ingredients, and I was pretty confident we'd enjoy the leftovers. For the sauce, I used Rana refrigerated alfredo sauce since the jarred variety makes me cringe at the very thought. I really liked its flavor, and I would even buy it as a dipping sauce for bread sticks. As I sauteed the vegetables, I left just a slight bite to them. I didn't want them completely mushy in the cupcakes. Word of warning, the cupcakes will be full!

I really liked these cupcakes. Fun, fresh flavors that weren't terribly heavy. They did take a bit of prep time, though, so do plan on spending a little time getting everything assembled and together.

What then do you do with the extra won ton wrappers? You make Won Ton Pecan Pie Bites, and you thank yourself for discovering these little beauties. They are so super simple and quick, but the flavor is the best tastes of pecan pie without being too heavy or sweet. Definitely keeping this recipe in my back pocket for a quick bite to take to friends or to a potluck. In fact, you'll want to make sure you have plenty of won ton wrappers left so you can double the recipe. You'll thank me later.

Comments