Quick and Easy Slow Cooked Comfort Food

In this crazy COVID 19 time, comfort food is high on my list of enjoyable things. So when I scrolled past this Crockpot Chicken and Noodles recipes a week or so ago, I immediately wanted to give it a try.

It is easy. Chicken + broth + soup and let it cook. Stir in the noodles in a last half hour. And unlike a few weeks ago when the broth mixture didn't thicken, this became perfectly creamy as the noodles cooked. I added a few shredded carrots when I started the cooking, mostly for color, and a little bit for flavor.

The other thing great about this recipe for right now, is that it makes a lot (less cooking), and is from ingredients I'm pretty sure you can find. Even though you're stuck at home with plenty of time on your hands, this hands-off recipe is a nice break when you're feeling the pinch of cooking for everybody for every meal. Enjoy.

Comments