Make Mine a Double (Success, that is)

These quarantined times have got my grocery shopping schedule a little mixed up, so I find myself changing the menu up on a pretty regular basis. However, with as many meals as I'm making, I still find myself going through a lot of new recipes or using up my plan for each week.

These Stuffed Potatoes with Chicken and Broccoli were a swap from my original menu, and what an excellent one it was. There's nothing terribly exotic here, but the combination was terrific. First, I'll say that roasting the potatoes in the oven really makes a difference. Under normal circumstances, the microwave is my go to for "baked" potatoes, but that crispy skin was amazing. Second, the cheese sauce isn't anything out of the ordinary either, but combined with chicken (and a little deli ham I found in the refrigerator drawer) and broccoli, made it a little more special. We are always stuffed baked potato fans, but this one went the extra mile.

We finished with these Salted Pretzel Cowboy Party Cookies. I don't know that I understand the title of the recipe so much as the idea that these are loaded with some many mix-ins. Absolutely decadent without being over the top. You might even feel a little healthier because of the oatmeal. Or not.😉

Two thumbs up for this meal, one for each recipe. We all really enjoyed both the main course and the dessert. Get to it!

Comments