Feeling a Little Blue(berry)?

I hope you are doing well, friends, and keeping your spirits up during this forced isolation from almost everything that is normal. The good news is that many meals at home mean many opportunities to try new recipes.

I made this Baked Blueberry French Toast for dinner, but it would be an outstanding easy breakfast for lazy weekends at home (and we've had plenty of those haven't we?). Honestly, it's not that much different than regular French Toast, but you don't have to babysit the skillet or griddle, so it is easier in that respect.

I used frozen blueberries that were thawed and they worked very well. I was a little concerned they would deflate once thawed and baked, but they were fine. I do recommend keeping an eye on your fork as you take bites, however. We had more than one instance of blueberry juice shooting across the table! I did cut back on the butter topping a little. I'd say to go with your preference on that one.

This is a great recipe to keep in your back pocket for when guests visit or you want a hands off brunch item.

Comments