Bacon Cheeseburger One Better

Bacon cheeseburgers rank right up there as one of my favorite burgers, and you all know my love for grilled cheese in all shapes and sizes. Imagine then, my enthusiasm for Bacon Cheeseburger Oven Grilled Cheese. (The casserole moniker is a mis-nomer, there's not a pasta, rice, or cream of soup in sight.)

I'll admit to be a skeptic as to how "grilled" grilled cheese could get in the oven. I need not have worried. The top was perfectly toasty, and the bottom layer wasn't far behind and may have done better in a metal pan rather than glass dish. Generally, I followed the rest of the recipe as written (save just cooking the onions in with the beef, why anyone does this in two steps I'll never understand). I layered it up and let it bake.

Guys, this was so good. All the best cheeseburger flavors with an amazing layer of cheese and perfectly toasted bread. Run, don't walk, to your kitchen and make it!

Comments