When It's So Good You Wished You'd Doubled the Recipe

I was pumped to try this Ground Orange Chicken. It seemed like it would have really bright, fresh flavor and be one more way to use all the ground turkey in my freezer.

I was not wrong. This recipe was pretty fast, mostly involved stirring a few things around, and tasted amazing. The sharp citrus flavor was sweet and light, and I knew there weren't going to be enough leftovers as soon as I took the first bite. I stuck to the recipe for the most part this time around. The only change I made (besides using turkey instead of chicken), was to squeeze a little of the juice from the zested orange (I used the whole orange) into the sauce mix. I figure a little more juice never hurts right? As I was reading through the comments on the original posters recipe, several people suggested adding veggies, so I threw in some pea pods and shredded carrot as the turkey finished browning. Good call.

I can't recommend moving this recipe to the top of your list fast enough. It's just so pretty and good, and while you're at it. Double the recipe. Especially if you want some leftovers to enjoy again.

Comments