Quarantine Baking - Part 1

We are under "shelter in place" orders here at home, so I fully expect a slate of quarantine baking to fill this blog for the foreseeable future. I'll have to do an extra workout every day just to make sure I don't put on a quarantine 15.

First up in baking we have English Muffin Bread. I was cruising Pinterest while we passed the time as a family, and something about the recipe caught my eye. I've never particularly thought about the need for English muffin bread, but this seemed really good, and more importantly, easy to make. I'm better with yeast bread items than I used to be, but sometimes they still scare me a little.

Let me just say, this is an easy bread. It was also really fast to put together. I let it rise for closer to ninety minutes, but it shouldn't need that. I thought the baking time was super quick too. If you're short on time, you could still crank out a delicious loaf of bread pretty easily.

This bread (we ate it toasted as the original blogger suggested) was awesome. Perfect nooks and crannies that soak up the right amount of butter and honey. We also tried it with peanut butter and jelly, but butter and honey was the best combo for sure.

I'm looking forward to having this bread on hand as we spend all our time together at home this week. It will make easy breakfasts that are a change from our norm and keep life a little more interesting.

Comments