Make Mine Mongolian Beef

From the earliest days I can remember going out for Chinese food, Mongolian Beef was always a favorite of mine. I don't pretend that it's anywhere close to authentic, but I do enjoy the taste that's familiar and slightly exotic all at the same time.

This is an easy, peasy recipe for Slow Cooker Mongolian Beef. I sliced the beef, coated it in cornstarch, then put it in the crock and tossed it with the sauce ingredients. Just before serving I added green onion.

The steak turned out super flavorful and tender. The sauce definitely has a sweet flavor, so if you don't like Mongolian Beef quite as sweet, you could probably easily cut the brown sugar down. I really liked how the cornstarch coated meat made for a thicker sauce, a pretty near perfect recreation of your favorite take-out option.

Especially in these days of home quarantine, this is an easy option to get close to your favorite local restaurant.

Comments