It's All It's Cracked Up To Be

Today's recipe is Slow Cooker Crack Potato and Broccoli Cheese Soup. As soups go, it is probably one of the best balances between great taste and easy prep there is. It's a dump and go recipe to start, with a little bit of stirring at the end.

The flavor was fantastic, and did not have that sometimes present slow cookerness about it. I'll admit I had my concerns since it started with canned cheddar broccoli soup, and sometimes cream cheese in the crockpot gets a little weird. There was no problem with either in this case. The only thing I would change is to cut my broccoli pieces a little smaller, but otherwise, it was delightful. I'll be honest, I couldn't really even taste the ranch dressing mix. I don't know if it's because my Midwest taste buds half expect it, or what, but it was easy to forget there was ranch at all. I'd still leave it in the recipe, simply because I don't know how this tastes without it.

If you need another easy and yummy soup in your repertoire, this is a good one!

Comments