Open Sesame!

We are living through our full compliment of school activities and long days these days, so meals are simple and often reruns. That's what makes a new recipe that's delicious and healthy all the more special. Enter this week's Sheet Pan Sesame Chicken and Vegetables. It just felt healthy to eat it!

The veggie colors were gorgeous and the sauce was light and full fresh flavor. I will say that there wasn't a lot of sauce, and if I make this again, I'll double the amount. One thing that made this recipe super easy? I prepped everything the day ahead of time--veggies chopped, chicken cut into chunks, and sauce made. Then, I only had assembly duties at the end of a long day of classes. If you go the make ahead route, I'd suggest draining any liquid off the chicken before adding it to the pan. I think the extra juices diluted the sauce mixture and made it less potent.

Bonus to this recipe? You can oven bake the rice to go with it at the same temp! Just mix your water and rice (2 to 1 ratio) and salt and let it get started in the bottom of the oven with 30-35 minutes until you plan to eat.

Comments