So Much for Resolutions

If you've made New Year's resolutions regarding calorie consumption, this may not be the post for you. So feel free to come back for some of the healthier options at a later date. 😄

However, if an awesome cookie is in the cards for you, these Sweet and Salty Kitchen Sink Cookies are highly recommended. There's brown butter to start with, and then it just keeps getting better. Somewhere during the holidays I found these Sea Salt Caramel Filled Baking Truffles from Nestle. I knew they would work beautifully in these cookies. I added just a few regular chocolate chips and caramel pieces too. Make sure you put a generous sprinkle of coarse salt because it makes them extra yummy. I did one pass before baking and one after, just to make sure some stuck.

The caramel pieces are hit and miss for me. I like the flavor, but sometimes they get really hard in cookies. It's happened for me in other recipes, and it makes me a bit reluctant to use them. Aside from that? These are an amazing cookie. I don't know if you can really taste the pretzel much, but we all enjoyed the salty/sweet effect. Run, don't walk, to your mixer and make these.

Comments