Fit to Be Thai-ed

My kiddo has developed a love for Thai food, and craves those flavors from time to time, so I've tried to add them to our menu every so often. Of course, most of the time we dial back the heat, but we enjoy the dishes none the less.

This Simple Thai Noodle Bowl is a great Thai dish with lots of veggies and a super fresh flavor. The way it's prepared is different than most recipes, but not cooking everything down keeps a nice crunch and texture.

I chose to add cooked chicken to ours since it was the main course. Everything else was as instructed by the recipe, save for the addition of red pepper flakes. I know better. 😄

If you like your food really hot (as in temperature, not spice), I suggest looking for a similar recipe where everything cooks together for even a short bit. In this one, the cooler temperature of the vegetables really brought the temperature of the whole dish closer to room temp, even though the noodles and chicken were warmed. It wasn't bad, just different.

For Thai flavors, this dish was very good. I especially like the rice noodles, and hope to find more recipes that use them very soon.

Comments