When Brown Butter Alfredo Comes Calling

Brown butter. It makes me weak in the knees with its nutty saltiness. Homemade Alfredo in pizza form added in? I knew this Brown Butter Chicken Alfredo Pizza would be pretty special.

My first recommendation is to give yourself a wee bit of time to make this recipe. I cut things a little close, and was doing some of my very best multi-tasking to get crust and sauce made simultaneously. (I used my regular crust recipe, BTW.) The second suggestion I'll offer is to make sure you season the sauce. I didn't because I thought the cheese would be more than salty enough, but alas, it was not. Add salt! I really liked the suggestion of adding some of the sauce to the chicken to retain its moisture. I'll be transferring that technique to other recipes, as chicken on pizzas sometimes get a little dry. Finally, don't forget the Italian seasoning! In my haste to get things moving, I forgot, and had to pull the pizza out to add it later.

We thoroughly enjoyed this Alfredo twist. It was everything you love in the pasta, but spread on pizza crust. Definitely think about making this one!

Comments