Fiesta Fun

If you're wanting an easy start to making tacos, burrito bowls, or salads, you'll want to turn your eye toward this Crock Pot Fiesta Lime Chicken.

I think when I pinned this recipe I was expecting more of a stand alone dish (and there's no reason why you couldn't eat it that way), but it is perfect for all your Tex-Mex main dish needs. As per usual, I changed the recipe to accommodate our personal tastes, as well as my failure to buy everything I needed. My adjustment included no Rotel--forgot to buy it--and then using this Southwest Corn with Poblano and Red Peppers as a substitute. In the end it turned out to be a genius move! None of us really love tomatoes in this sort of dish, but the corn brought the heat that would normally have been in the Rotel. Perfect.  The cream cheese also made all the spice completely tolerable.

For the first round we used soft shell tortillas to make tacos, but I can't wait to make these into burrito bowls with the leftovers.  Pretty sure that will be delicious too.

Comments