Chicken Pot Pie + Chicken & Noodles = Ultimate Comfort Food

Imagine two of the ultimate comfort foods, chicken pot pie and chicken and noodles, and now put them together in one fast, easy to prepare meal. Amazing!

This Chicken Pot Pie Noodle Skillet is the best combo of some of the best foods out there. You get the delicious creamy gravy, along with the best pot pie flavor plus noodles. That's a win/win for sure. I used Reames frozen egg noodles because I love their doughy texture and I had 2/3 of a bag in the freezer already. They make every dish seem a little more homey. I also swapped in green beans for the peas because peas 😝, and fresh shredded carrots (which I briefly microwaved) because the store didn't have any frozen ones.

This is a pretty quick dish to prepare. If you use the frozen noodles you'll need to make sure you get those going in plenty of time, but you'll stay under a 30 minute prep without difficulty. Also, make sure your chicken is thawed (if it's coming from the freezer as mine was), as are the veggies. An important point about salt in this recipe: make sure you add some! I added what the recipe called for, but it was still not enough, not by a long shot, and I also used salted butter.

This dish makes a very generous amount that we'll be eating for a few days, and I'm even looking forward to it. It would be lovely on a cold winter's night in front of the fireplace, or wherever you need a little extra comfort.

Comments