Potatoes and Pizza

Normally you wouldn't really find potatoes on pizza. That tends to be a little heavy in the carb department. And then there's my house, where we find all the ways to loaded baked potato any food.

Today's edition: Baked Potato Pizza

This pizza was the perfect loaded baked potato flavor in fantastic pizza form. I mixed light sour cream with some ranch dip for the base layer, then the seasoned potatoes, bacon crumbles (Kirkland, of course!), and a mix of mozzarella, Colby Jack, and Mexican blend cheeses (it's what was already open). The cheese was especially gooey and rich with the sour cream mixture as the base. I was a little surprised that the green onion baked on the pizza, but they still tasted very green and fresh. If I had to make it again--be assured I will be doing that--I would chop the potatoes just a bit smaller. They were okay, but a tad unwieldy.

If you are a loaded baked potato fan, run don't walk to make this pizza. You can change it up to add your favorite 'tato toppings, and make it even better. Want more evidence that this has broad appeal? A former student volunteered to fly in from Dallas to help me eat it!

Comments