Nachos South of the Mason-Dixon Line

Sometimes I don't do myself any favors when it comes to menu planning. In this instance the menu called for "nachos". Now, any normal person would make sure they have some basic nacho ingredients on hand and call it a day. Not me. You know I had to go looking for yet another new recipe for a different kind of nacho.

Imagine my surprise, then, when I found these Southern Sheet Pan Nachos, and they had new stuff! The use of pimento cheese spread is an especially new twist, and it pairs well with smoked pork. I didn't add a lot of the other toppings, but if you can take the heat of jalapenos, I really think they would be a great foil to the other flavors.

I enjoyed these nachos. It was a little bit harder to get even cheese distribution, and I wanted just a little more salty rather than sweet cheese flavor, but I think some extra veggies (black beans, peppers, tomatoes), and a mix of cheese would be just the ticket to make them perfect.

Comments