Fun with Flautas


I don't know if flautas are something we made up or corrupted here in the U.S., but I was excited to try these Quick and Easy Chicken Flautas. Regardless of where they come from, they are a fun twist on traditional Tex-Mex flavors.

This is a super easy combination of ingredients that you could really customize to suit your family's tastes. I decided to use salsa verde since that is our favorite, and it pairs perfectly with Monterey Jack cheese. It's a little messy to get them rolled up, but once rolled they stayed pretty well. I'd also suggest following the suggestion to sprinkler with a little Kosher salt. I thought that was a really nice touch, and wished I'd used a little heavier hand.

I decided to only make a half recipe, but I kind of wish I'd made the whole deal. These were very good, and made great leftovers for breakfast and lunch during week. I might even make some to keep on hand in the freezer they were so good. Highly recommend!

Comments