Changing the Name to Crockpot Day

We are officially back to piano lessons for another year, and that means every piano day is a crockpot day. I don't mind so much, but it does take a little planning, especially when you decide at the last minute to make dessert.

My girl loves her some meatballs, so that was our main dish. I went in search of one that I hadn't tried before. Turns out that Pinterest has an enormous collection of meatball recipes, probably 80% are the kind you make with grape jelly. I love those meatballs, but they are a standby app at this house, so not really new. I did land on these Slow Cooker Hawaiian Meatballs. They are close to other versions I've tried, but tasty in their own right.  I used the Original Sweet Baby Rays for my barbecue, and the mixture with the pineapple really brings out its pepperiness.  The girl was suitably happy with the recipe, and I have some leftovers for her breakfast the rest of the week. We call that a win/win.

Our weekend trip to the apple orchard also means I've got a fresh stock of apples on my hands, and the urge to make something appley for dessert. Since I really was not planning ahead, I quickly dug up this Slow Cooker Apple Crisp from Pinterest, and raced the clock to get it started before we left the house. Aw, sweet success! This crisp has a great topping--not too sweet--and works perfectly, even if you swap out over half the regular oats with quick cooking. (Guess what I need to add to my shopping list?) I used a light towel under the lid of the crock to absorb some of the moisture, and the result was a crisp topping, plus chewy, gooey corner pieces.

These are two simple and easy recipes that came out tasting great. Totally worth giving them a try, even if you aren't multi-crocking on the same day like I am.

Comments