Le Petit Déjeuner

Sometimes it's fun to take simple, straightforward things and dress them up a bit. This Easy Croissant Breakfast Sandwich really isn't much different from about every American breakfast sandwich out there. BUT, use croissants instead of English muffins, and add a delightfully sweet and buttery sauce and it's transformed into a lovely French version.

This recipe is more about assembly than actually cooking.  Nevertheless, a few key things put this sandwich ahead of your average Egg McMuffin. It's starts with the croissants.  Croissants make everything better, oui? The butter/brown sugar/mustard combo is magnifique, and I totally didn't expect to like it. Whatever you do, don't leave that out. I scrambled my eggs with a little cottage cheese (cause we all know those are the best eggs), but only did four. No need for these to be giganto sandwiches. I used Colby-Jack cheese because it's real cheese, and we all know how I feel about that particular subject. Finally, I used Black Forest Ham, and cut back the quantity there too. It felt like the slices were pretty big.

I loved these little French delights and would definitely like to make them again. In fact, I'm calling dibs on the leftover sandwich in the fridge.

Comments