Brunch Just Got Better

Or don't wait for brunch and make this Maple Bacon Biscuit Bake for dinner like I did. 

It is the very best bacon, mapley goodness, that it super simple and relatively quick, even without shortcuts.  I actually cooked the bacon myself, and made the dough as directed (with the baking powder substitution), and it turned out beautifully!  I would recommend trying a few of the suggestions to create more of a syrupy topping, and you definitely won't regret making multiple batches to try out new combinations.

I also think you could make this recipe using precooked bacon crumbles (my favorite Kirkland variety), and a baking mix or even canned biscuits.  It won't have exactly the same result, but I bet it would still be delicious.

These are so good it was hard to stop eating at a reasonable portion.  It was even more difficult to stop picking at the delicious syrup and bacon pieces scattered around.  Eventually I had to pack up the leftovers, or there wouldn't have been any.

Comments