Teriyaki 'Ties



Teriyaki has become one of our favorite flavors, and I'm constantly looking for new ways to incorporate that flavor.  These Chicken Teriyaki and Vegetable Bowtie Pasta was a terrific new take on teriyaki.  I liked the idea of the fresh veggies, and curious to see how the pasta would taste in a teriyaki sauce.

It turns out pasta with veggies and chicken in teriyaki is a great idea.  It's a pretty easy recipe, especially if you use the pre-shredded carrots like I did.  There's a bit of chopping, still, for the chicken and pepper, but it goes pretty quickly.  (My child, reading over my shoulder, suggests leaving out the pepper entirely as a further time saver.  No hidden agenda there.😂)  The sauce I used was this one, but I'm sure any would work.

The original recipe suggests using this as a pasta salad or an entree.We all ate ours warm, but I think it would be okay at room temp.  I'd love to try this with the addition of pineapple tidbits.  I think they'd go perfectly.

This is a fun way to get your teriyaki on in a new format, and looks like it would work very well to take to a summer picnic or potluck.

Comments