Practicing My Sand Art

I've come across an amazing slow cooker recipe that also lets you practice your inner sand artist.  This Slow Cooker Beef Barbacoa recipe is picturesque start to finish.

First, the prep work is a chance to get those seasonings evenly distributed over the whole roast.  I chose not to sear mine first, mostly because I didn't want to spend the time.  I don't think it mattered one bit.  Then, once it's all seasoned up, put 'er on low and let 'er go.

Several hours (and many delicious smells) later, you have beautiful, tender, beef.  It just fell apart, and the flavor was out of this world.  We used the meat for tacos, and I saved the rest for burrito bowls later in the week.  I can't wait to eat them.  The meat is just sooooooooooo good.

As recipes go, this is one I will be putting on repeat pretty regularly.  There are so many ways to use the meat, and it's absolutely no work at all.  All I need to do is watch for some chuck roast sales, and I'm good to go.

Comments