Pivot

One of my favorite current business buzzwords is "pivot". I hear it everywhere, and it always makes me chuckle, because "pivot" will always and forever be about moving a couch up the stairs in a Friends episode.

Either which way, today I had to pivot, the business-word way.  Family plans changed ultra last minute, and I didn't want to eat out, but I needed something to make in under 30 minutes.  Mac and cheese (do you notice any common themes on this blog?) was the request of the youngest in the household, so I did a quick Pinterest search for a stove-top variety (and got massive raves for not choosing to make Kraft). 

I decided to give THE Creamy Mac and Cheese Recipe a go.  It was pretty simple and straightforward, and an excellent way to use all the various bits and bobs of cheese left in the cheese drawer.  There was some combination of sharp cheddar, taco blend, and a little Gouda.  Whatever, the case, this was an amazingly, gooey cheese sauce (don't skimp on the salt), that was a delight.  I'm so glad we made the last minute switch.

Comments