Tacos Never on Tuesday

I'm so glad we have gotten over the "not liking tacos" hump at our house!  I'm actually not sure what happened, but my kiddo has really come around on my taco flavors, refried beans, and tomatoes!  I don't know that she loves the beans and tomatoes on their own, but she does like them mixed in.  Victory!

These Oven Baked Chicken Tacos are a great rearrangement of the usual taco ingredients.  The shells were nice and crispy, and nicely filled with the ingredients.  I had a bit of concern about the heat level, so I added a thin layer of sour cream on top of the bean layer before adding the cheese.  The mixture of all the layers together was fantastic.  We all enjoyed them.

I decided to only make five of the tacos for our little table.  We used the leftovers as a dip for tortilla chips for lunch over the weekend.  The dip was outstanding too!  Highly recommend keeping this one in your back pocket for Taco Night, whatever day of the week that happens to be.

Comments