Give It the Green Light

My long-suffering family is so gracious to put up with my endless new recipes.  They share their opinions pretty regularly, and I pass them along here.  Once in awhile, they voice a distinct preference for a recipe to be made again.  This is the highest praise one can earn.  These are the recipes I gold star to make sure I make again.

It started with these uber-easy Creamy Chicken Taquitos.  It is as simple as chicken, water, seasonings, and cream cheese, and let it cook.  I shredded the chicken at about hour 6.5 and left it to cook a little more since we were gone right up to dinner time.  These toasted up super quick while we finished getting the rest of dinner on the table.  They were amazing!  These could be the ultimate in customization to your personal taste.  Next time I think I'll swap in some green salsa for the water and see what kind of kick that adds.

It has been quite a while since I made any kind of dessert so we finished up with some Toffee Bars.  They are mostly brown sugar, and that is fine by me.  I only had pecans on hand, so I doubled that quantity in lieu of walnuts.  I also sprinkled the top with a light sprinkling of mini chocolate chips, but frankly, I think the plain version is better.  The chocolate really just got lost in awesome toffee layer.  Everybody went back for seconds on this one, one more indication that it was a recipe winner.  These were pretty and simple quick, too, all the more reason to make them again.

Comments