A Little Bit of Texas


Despite a persistent dislike of Sloppy Joes on the part of my offspring, I continue to push her to try new versions.  This week I pushed with a little Tex-Mex flavor.

These Texas Taco Joes were a great Texas-take on the traditional Joes.  I even managed to deploy my crockpot to accommodate our evening schedule.  Here's what I did:

  • Followed the recipe up until the simmer 15 minute instruction.  
  • Instead of simmering on the stove, I just dumped it into the crock on low.  It cooked/warmed from that point for about an hour and a half.
  • After we got back home, I added the corn while we toasted the bread and got our toppings together.
  • Then, I served it all up.
This was sooooooooooooo tasty.  I heard no complaints about the number of tomatoes, and barely anything about the presence of peppers.  Mostly, there was the sound of the fork hitting the plate.  Pretty sure your family would also enjoy this little piece of Texas.

Comments