This Is How We Shrimp Boil

Shrimp Boils are so much fun, and I couldn't wait to try the non-boil variation.  Although the traditional method is simple, it does take some close watching to make sure each thing is added to the boil at the right time. 

This Sheet Pan method takes a few more steps, but there's a bit more play in exactly when everything has to be done.  In our case, I boiled the corn and potatoes earlier in the afternoon, and then did the rest of the baking just before the dinner bell rang.

I'd say the one key difference in the sheet pan method is that the seasoning sticks a bit more.  I thought it was a nice change, and especially if you like a little kick in flavor.  I used large to jumbo sized shrimp, and they were perfectly done in the about 12-13 minutes given in the recipe.  If you are using medium sized as recommended, keep a close eye so they don't get too done.

I can guarantee I'll be making this shrimp boil version in  the future.  It was super easy, and still had all the best flavors of the shrimp boil without a bit of the mess.  Win, win.

Comments