Stack 'Em Up!

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner!

I found a great recipe, that's simple and easy, and completely customizable to your family's taste.  Oh, and if you want an easy recipe for Cinco de Mayo coming up?  These Layered Cheese Enchiladas are the ticket.

For ours, I used only 10 tortillas (that's what came in the package I bought), green enchilada sauce, and a mixture of sharp cheddar and Mexican blend cheese.  Because my quantities were a bit different, I wasn't exactly sure how much topping to put on each layer.  I did a very thin layer of sauce (there could have been more), and a healthy sprinkling of cheese (albeit less than I would put on a pizza).  I still stuck to the same bake time, but even with a few less layers, the middle was still cold at the end of the 25 minutes.  So, I'd recommend giving yourself a little wiggle room on the time.

To make things pretty and because of the Tex-Mex flavors, I garnished ours with green onion and tomatoes.  We also enjoyed a little sour cream on the side. 

We all loved this meal, and it was almost no work to prepare.  Definitely making it again.

Comments